Category Archives: Multiple Sclerosis and Mercury Toxicity

Link Between Rise in Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Silver Fillings–Mercury Amalgams

At the Mercury Symposium last year I had the opportunity to listen to leading scientists who have dedicated their life to the study of how mercury in silver fillings drastically affects health. Soon there will be a World Summit to end the use of these poisonous substances in dentistry permanently. The use of mercury amalgams has been a disastrous experiment that has affected the health of people far too long.

Dr. Hal Huggins, a leading dentist and scientist in the field mercury toxicity showed many relationships between trends in toxic dentistry and illness. In 1975, there were approximately 8,800 cases of MS reported by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). In 1976, a new amalgam filling material was introduced that contained high amounts of copper along with mercury. In 1976, 126,000 cases of MS were reported! Adding copper to amalgams increases the toxicity of mercury.

The notable rise in MS between 1975 and 1976 is just one of the many increases we have seen in chronic illness due to mercury amalgams. Hopefully, very soon mercury amalgams will be banned worldwide. To learn more about this subject, read the book¬†It’s All in Your Head, by Dr. Hal Huggins.

Best in Health,

Kathryne Pirtle

Amalgam fillings (silver fillings), mercury toxicity and your health.

Although a nutrient-dense diet is a major step to healing and building optimal health, removing amalgam fillings is extremely important as they are a major source of heavy metal toxicity in the body and may keep you from achieving the level of health that you seek.

Did you realize that the “safe” amalgam “silver” fillings in your mouth are 49-54% mercury, 35% silver, 12% tin and 3% copper? That’s a lot of mercury! Mercury is extremely toxic in very small amounts, and has been linked to many neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Multiple Sclerosis. In heavy metal tests done on people with these types of illnesses, mercury is often seen at very high levels.¬† Mercury in small amounts can cause brain lesions as it can alter the cell membrane structure of developing brain neurons resulting in their rapid degeneration. You can see this happening in the link to the following study:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU8nSn5Ezd8&feature=related

There is a constant mercury vapor that is released from amalgam fillings even after 50 years! See www.uninformedconsent.org. If a person has two or more types of metals in their mouth it can actually create an electric current, called “dental galvanism”, thereby increasing the rate of mercury corrosion from 10-20 times. Heavy metals migrate to fatty tissues like the tissues of the brain and the myelin sheath that protects nerve cells.

For good health, it is extremely important to consider removing amalgam fillings very carefully. It should be done with a highly qualified biological dentist who understands the correct protocol of removal of only one quadrant at a time and detoxification remedies following the removal. Some excellent detox remedies are Gemmotherapy Plant Stem Cells (www.plantstemcells.net), Organic Sulfur (organicsulfur@sisna.com) and Original Quinton Marine Plasma (www.originalquintonplasma.com) For even more information on proper removal of amalgams see Dr. Louisa Williams and her book called Radical Medicine (www.radicalmedicine.com.)

Here are some holistic dental organizations for information about biological dentists in your area:

IABDM (www.iabdm.org)

IAOMT (www.iaomt.org)

HAD (www.holisticdental.org)

DAMS (www.amalgam.org)

For more information on building health and healing with nutrient-dense foods see Performance without Pain and our new e-book on acid reflux.

Best in health,

Kathryne Pirtle